Sunday, 23 November 2014

Without War and Conflict we could................? part 1

No-one mentions the money the world spends on war and conflict, but I do wonder what kind of world we would have if we did not "need"!! to fight over the planet's division between us.
Independence from one another based on difference of world view or some physical difference, what is the point of fighting to keep the thing that we own, which someone wants to take off us just so they can have more.

For over a decade during the 1990's, academics trumpeted that the UK was going into a leisure lifestyle, then war came and nobody mentioned this idea any more, why? because the money that was going to furnish this transition was swallowed quite literally into the pit of war. I know our boys believed in it and fought through with painful outcomes, and lost limbs, and today 58 people injured by a bomber walking into a volleyball game in Afghanistan. I don't know what soldiers think as individuals, but it must be hard for those who did fight to see these things happening.

The majority cause of conflict is fear of what we do not understand the differences between us, the beliefs that say something about our history, no matter where we live, no matter what culture we come from.

There are diseases bad enough to finish off the human race, and yet war continues, power and desire to control, whatever we feel we own.

I know the world has gone mad and is getting darker, but I stand for what is right and true, as I stand for heaven and what that stands for in my life.

We could build hospitals, schools, have a better health service, more healthy lifestyles, less or no poverty.
What is the point of war and conflict and what does it achieve?!

No comments:

Post a Comment