My days were often difficult after my Lovely Dad died of Brain tumour on7th September 1999 just over 14 years ago. I live at home with my mum and I had to live through all the feelings I was experiencing as well as cope with how she was. At that time I did not know I had Aspergers Syndrome. I have had to learn so much, adjust to changes, many ups and downs, heartache and sadness and as I write today, I would say that I have finally come out the other side. It has been a long journey on my own, out of choice possibly, because I prefer solitued in the main. This is not to say that my Mum has not supported me, she has and I cannot fault her in how she manages. I am glad of her and our many conversations over the last years, as well as the milestones or anniversaries that sometimes turnout bumpy, but sometimes not.Through all these things Jesus has held my hand or walked behind or in front of me allowing me to work my way through the pain which lasted too long, if I am honest. But I had two griefs in my life at the same time as in 2005 10th May I had the Diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome. One I am truly glad to have recieved it as it has explained my rocky path through life, but at the same time certain things I thought I would have by now, when I looked at the future as a dreaming child have not come my way and I felt sad for a while once I adjusted to the diagnosis. It is over 9 years since I found out about A.S and that has been a journey of discovery, but it has not always been easy. But Life goes on and as I walk with Jesus I know that the discovery goes on and maybe it will become an adventure as I grow and become the person I am called to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment