I am not american and I have no agenda other than the truth about the situation I see in America regarding guns. I have looked at and read the US constitution several times in the last few years, for varying reasons, and I have no problem with the owning of a handgun or a shotgun in the house as protection against intruders or people who plan to attack your family. The owning of a personal firearm is not the issue.
Why is this my business? I know one person from America who hold what believe has become a perverted view of what owning a gun means.
You see the freedom to own a gun for protection, has turned into have as many guns as you like and it is your right to do what you like with them as long as you have a licence.
I have seen news items, documentaries, lists of killings in the hundreds, that may soon be in the thousands in places like Chicago. Then there are Sandy Hook and Colombine. Yes, I am not American but I am a Human being, and when a fellow Christian who is teaching me makes a comment that suggests he supports gun owning, when hundreds are being killed every day all over America. Then I have a problem, because he is saying not just the freedom to own a gun but it is OK, to use it outside the home and in the car.
The minute that becomes OK, then military type machine guns are OK.
I personally believe that Colombine and Sandy Hook were able to happen because guns were available to the individuals who committed those crimes, but it was the type of guns that enabled so many children and young people to be killed.
Owning a gun has become a perversion of the original bill of rights, mainly due to modern technology, I have a suspicion that the founding fathers of federal Republic would shed tears of Sadness at the tragedy that is unfolding before your eyes.
When somebody from America stands before me and makes the comment I believe I have the right to look at and to say the truth that I see and to say that I have a problem with the attitude displayed as it does not equate to true Christian belief, but somewhere along the way it has become that. Why should people live in fear that they or their children will one day be the ones to be at the barrel of a gun that can kill them just so the minority can have killing machines in their possession, that frankly I have problem seeing in the military.
None of it makes any sense and I feel that there is kind of brainwashing that it is our right so it is acceptable.
I say NO,NO,NO a hundred times NO. Because it is A SICKNESS that damages society.
In Britain we don't have a freedom of guns law, but guns are becoming an issue in London, and the odd case of people being put in prison, because they shot an intruder who had no business being there.
Why is this my business? I know one person from America who hold what believe has become a perverted view of what owning a gun means.
You see the freedom to own a gun for protection, has turned into have as many guns as you like and it is your right to do what you like with them as long as you have a licence.
I have seen news items, documentaries, lists of killings in the hundreds, that may soon be in the thousands in places like Chicago. Then there are Sandy Hook and Colombine. Yes, I am not American but I am a Human being, and when a fellow Christian who is teaching me makes a comment that suggests he supports gun owning, when hundreds are being killed every day all over America. Then I have a problem, because he is saying not just the freedom to own a gun but it is OK, to use it outside the home and in the car.
The minute that becomes OK, then military type machine guns are OK.
I personally believe that Colombine and Sandy Hook were able to happen because guns were available to the individuals who committed those crimes, but it was the type of guns that enabled so many children and young people to be killed.
Owning a gun has become a perversion of the original bill of rights, mainly due to modern technology, I have a suspicion that the founding fathers of federal Republic would shed tears of Sadness at the tragedy that is unfolding before your eyes.
When somebody from America stands before me and makes the comment I believe I have the right to look at and to say the truth that I see and to say that I have a problem with the attitude displayed as it does not equate to true Christian belief, but somewhere along the way it has become that. Why should people live in fear that they or their children will one day be the ones to be at the barrel of a gun that can kill them just so the minority can have killing machines in their possession, that frankly I have problem seeing in the military.
None of it makes any sense and I feel that there is kind of brainwashing that it is our right so it is acceptable.
I say NO,NO,NO a hundred times NO. Because it is A SICKNESS that damages society.
In Britain we don't have a freedom of guns law, but guns are becoming an issue in London, and the odd case of people being put in prison, because they shot an intruder who had no business being there.
No comments:
Post a Comment