Saturday, 30 May 2015

The tale of my Achiles tendon

3 years ago I had two insect bites on my left ankle, which caused my leg to swell and a rash that causes pain.
In the past I tore the ligaments in my left ankle which has caused pain from time to time over the years. The swelling around the Achilles tendon and the ankle ligaments caused pain and mobility issues. 2 years ago I had another bite, which was obvious as we saw the creature bite me. Again, I had the more red leg and rash painful, making life hard and mobility a real issue.
then I was having a conversation with my mum about 3 weeks ago where I said that my tendon was not hurting any more in general terms, although I still had to be careful about what and how I do things. Then only a few days later, on the 22nd May 2015, I noticed my leg was swollen, and when I later got into the shower and looked down I had a big red rash and it was very sore and tender. 8 days later after treatment with Hydro cortisone cream, day safe and night time  antihistamines, I now have the itch that comes with healing rash, but my foot  and ankle are still swollen, and although I am on the home strait, the Achilles tendon is now yet again beginning to hurt again.

 This has caused problems for me, the last few years because I can exercise even less than I used to, which has also been limited by my knees from birth. I put weight on really easily, but getting it off is an extreme challenge, that yet again has been postponed. before this last bite, I was planning to get back to driving again as my  Achilles tendon had recovered sufficiently that I felt able to do so, but I never got the chance. During the summer I take precautions before going out, I wear socks and use jungle juice insect repellent or a natural oil diluted in water, which has the same effect. But all this happened in the house as I had not been outside during that day. As a person I like being outside but this has created a scenario in my life which further limits the little freedom that I have, to do what I would like to do, or what God wants of me. I don't like this and feel angry that the struggle is still there and that I cannot get rid of this particular thing in my life.
This situation has nothing to do with negative thoughts or thinking the wrong way, as I was feeling very positive, happy and looking forward to the summer and being able to enjoy it fully  for the first time in 3 years.
Then on the 22nd  this changed, but I want to enjoy the summer anyhow, and I will make the effort to loose the weight as I need to because of type two diabetes. I want to find the answers and wisdom from heaven regarding this very nasty and upsetting aspect of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment