I spent 25 years of my life alternating between jobs I could not maintain as well as unemployment, and could not understand why I struggled to cope when Jobs got too much.
The question I mentioned in the previous post, was asked genuinely, even kindly in its way, but it is the same question asked, the answer ignored, which required that I know what I was up against.
The silly suggestions from professionals oblivious to the obvious difficulties I presented, at least obvious to me, the also obvious dismissal of my case because " They saw me as awkward, uncooperative, resistant to authority"
The times when I made suggestions were few and far between because, eventually I lost trust and the ability to cooperate, because they would say so much or so many things that I lost them before they had hardly started.
I could have done with having a diagnosis maybe 15 or 20 years earlier, but I am glad I had the diagnosis in the end.
The short answer is a resounding YES, the longer answer would be the size of a book, maybe even 2 or 3 books full of everything I have experienced both good and the not so good, or the downright bad.
I was never being truly awkward, my lack of cooperation was a lack of understanding or confusion because I missed words or context or expectation of those addressing me, also I was never truly resistant to authority, unless I was confused, did not understand context or expectation. This happened often and was tiring, upsetting and highly stressful, mainly as I was viewed as "normal" a word I only use with an explaination now.
Who can see inside someone know what is going on. Noone can even less those of us with Autism, and yet people look at me and what they see does not match autism, but I know I do match autism not in an extreme way like some with autism, but I avoid supermarkets, during noisy times. I have never been to the first week of the january sales in my life, my idea of a nightmare. I have not been away on a holiday since 2001, because the stress of coping with such a thing became more than I could cope with.
The question I mentioned in the previous post, was asked genuinely, even kindly in its way, but it is the same question asked, the answer ignored, which required that I know what I was up against.
The silly suggestions from professionals oblivious to the obvious difficulties I presented, at least obvious to me, the also obvious dismissal of my case because " They saw me as awkward, uncooperative, resistant to authority"
The times when I made suggestions were few and far between because, eventually I lost trust and the ability to cooperate, because they would say so much or so many things that I lost them before they had hardly started.
I could have done with having a diagnosis maybe 15 or 20 years earlier, but I am glad I had the diagnosis in the end.
The short answer is a resounding YES, the longer answer would be the size of a book, maybe even 2 or 3 books full of everything I have experienced both good and the not so good, or the downright bad.
I was never being truly awkward, my lack of cooperation was a lack of understanding or confusion because I missed words or context or expectation of those addressing me, also I was never truly resistant to authority, unless I was confused, did not understand context or expectation. This happened often and was tiring, upsetting and highly stressful, mainly as I was viewed as "normal" a word I only use with an explaination now.
Who can see inside someone know what is going on. Noone can even less those of us with Autism, and yet people look at me and what they see does not match autism, but I know I do match autism not in an extreme way like some with autism, but I avoid supermarkets, during noisy times. I have never been to the first week of the january sales in my life, my idea of a nightmare. I have not been away on a holiday since 2001, because the stress of coping with such a thing became more than I could cope with.
No comments:
Post a Comment