Monday, 27 July 2009

GRAFFETTI.

yesterday as I was walking my dog I found a situation that really distressed me.

There is an alleyway leading to an area of fields, along this alley is a house with large expanse of wall. A few months ago I saw the person who owns the house cleaning graffetti off this wall and he then over several days painted this wall a lovely bright cream colour. This was obviously begging to be covered by with yet more graffetti.

I think that I was distressed for the owner of the wall and all the hard work he had to do to get it looking good, but I was also distressed by the possibility that kids who have just started thier summer break are so bored for something to do that they enjoy defacing other people's property.


Our kids are our future and so important but we as a society are failing them, ALL of them at some level. Life is difficult for somany people, but our children are really important in deeper ways than the ways in which they are portrayed in the media.


I regularly find myself crying out to God about the children, as I did yesterday. The whole experience really moved me in my spirit. We are in a time where money is tight and things are going wrong with the economy but I am rapidly coming to believe that one of the reasons we are in difficulty is because of the lack of concern shown by any Government for the needs of children.

I realise that we now have a children's commissioner, and this Government is paying lipservice to getting something done but I have little hope that anything of great significance will come of these efforts. They want to throw money at the situation, but it is not always enough to throw money at the situation if it is not helping the children who really need it.


Reform needs to happen in the family courts, in education, and the media needs to focus on the

No comments:

Post a Comment