well I just lost an hour's worth of typing about an experience I had yesterday.
A house near where I live, has a large area of wall next to an alley way, which he spent alot of time cleaning and painting after someone graffettied in blue and red all over this freshly painted wall.
It really upset me because I felt for the owner, but I also wondered about the person who did it.
I am all for creative expression, but I wonder what makes a young person feel that it is thier right or that it is even ok to do what they did.
We need to listen to children and given what they need and not always dictate to them what we as a society think they need.
I often find myself crying out to God for the needs of the children. More so after yesterdays expereince.
The Government needs to listen to people who know what children need, and not try and put things right with too little amounts of money. Our children are our future, and they all deserve a better deal. As a society we tend to look down on children who have had bad start in life, because of poverty and other issues(the ASBO generation). But we also don't highlight the children who achieve unless it is some great achievement which the average child may never attain.
I am pleased that we have a children's commissioner and it is helpful, but more needs to be done and the money needs to go to the children who really need it, in the very poorest places in our nation and in the rest of the UK.
There are many GOOD people doing very good work to help kids in thier own communities, and the rest of the UK needs to follow thier examples and start careing for our future, because our future is our children.
No comments:
Post a Comment