I just watched Countryfile talking about the methane gas which cattle produce, causeing more problem than planes, trains and automobiles. Those of us who eat meat are made to feel guilty about what we do, by people who believe that that to be a vegatarian.
I understand that there is a problem, but there is an issue with the millions of acres of rainforest which is being destroyed to plant soya beans, which are a staple of the vegi diet, which is the most environmentally friendly.
Using the methane as an energy source is a very sensible way forward, but whatever kind of diet we eat there will be an environmental impact. Stopping one thing, in favour of another thing, may have a detrimental effect that we haven't recognised yet.
We have messed around so much with the planet already, I wonder whether as human beings we have the skills and ability to recover.
As a Christian I believe we can do alot in the way of recycling and composting, but it will take a miracle for us to stop the ongoing damage and have a certain amount of restoration.
The future of the planet rests in God's hands.
I feel sad for the people who have no faith, because it is a very frightening time to live in, if they truly think that the fate of the planet is destruction, which right now it probably is, but what they don't wholly realise is that they are heading on a path to eterenal death and destruction.
No comments:
Post a Comment