Wednesday, 2 July 2014

2nd blog after changes/ sharing my life right now

Here I am again doing my 2nd blog post after negotiating the change.
Justin A says this is a time of forced change, and I along with many are experinceing this. With help and advice as well as direction from someone in the business of computers, the learning curve has been negotiated with a successful outcome.

And now to other things, Life is going a strange path right now, as a result of discovering  I have type 2 diabetes, mainly because I am overwieght.But I am overwieght because I have had a cartilage problem since childhood, and knock knees which means that my legs are not straight. Then 3 years ago I had 3 insect bites on my left ankle, the swelling of which aggrevated an achilles tendon injury and a ankle tendon injury causing ongoing difficulty with exercise.

I know I have got myself into this mess and I accept responsability for that, but not of the things that caused me to be in this situation are directly my fault, as I eat possibly too much, to often.
I also do not have people I can go walking with, and don't like doing it on my own, for safety reasons. In  summer 2010 my dog Sassy died and so my daily exercise, which was only 15 mins a day, but was every day. I'd like another dog, but managing one would be difficult, for mum as she is the one is up before me
Probably one of the reasons I don't like going out just to walk on my own, and as I change, things feel more lonely, and as time moves on I feel the threat of yet more change.

I am disappointed in myself that I have allowed this to happen, and that I was not a bit more proactive before now in preventing it, but all I used to get from professionals who I see along the way was advice they would give to anyone neurotypical or otherwise and noone ever took into account my physical limitations with exercise or the isolated lifestyle I live because I  struggle with maintaining the kind of full social life that would help keep my weight down. Most of the social stuff I do involves sitting for long periods. I also enjoy TV. So all these things combine to make life just that added bit more difficult, in a life that is already stressed just by living at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment