Thursday, 26 March 2015

Plane crashes and one person's actions

Aeroplanes crashing, disappearing nobody knows where, then just in the last few days over a hundred people were it seems killed by a pilot in an act of mass murder.
My heart goes out to the hundreds of people who have been affected in one way ore another, whether close to those who died or had responsibility for some aspect of safety, looking at the pilot. There may be blame to place at another time.
But now is the sadness and the anger that one young man had the opportunity to take a plane and it's passengers who trusted him to take the best care possible of them, has betrayed that trust in such a tragic and grotesque way.
I know the relatives need to know why? but I am not sure there will ever be a satisfactory answer to that why? because he did it and he succeeded. How he planned it, why he even thought it in the first place is not a healthy mind, and I will leave it at that, because I don't understand, therefore I cannot come to a conclusion.
I pray for all those whose lives have been changed, and will never be the same again because a 28 year old man decided to do this thing.

The effect of one person's actions has changed the lives of those close to it, and the rest of us. We already knew that people could hijack a plane and use it as a missile flown into a tower, but the person charged with that responsibility although it has happened before, we don't look for or expect it, but now we will.

Things have changed things are not the same for any person flying will have to consider the risk that this could happen again, but flying is always at risk from the unexpected. I personally, have no physical connection to this happening but the compassion I feel runs deep for the people involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment