Friday, 24 April 2009

Hi There, here I am again.
Who am I? I am a unpublished writer and a self-published Poet.

As someone who is creative and likes to make things with my hands like hand made greeting cards and with my mind writing and creating pictures with poetry.
Yes, I enjoy writing even though I have dyslexia, my form of Dyslexia is more to do with numbers (dyscalculia)and short term memory difficulties.

While walking my dog today on the field near my home. The field was full of yellow dandylions.
It was so beautiful
The Dandylion Field
Yellow blooms, a pretty sight
Flying out before my eyes
Hues of spring green
Hues of yellow
Bright Images of nature.
Humble blooms, not given much worth
A weed and a pest
Sometimes viewed by the best.
Ordinary blooms like ordinary people
Have thier worth.
People like me on the Autism Spectrum
Find Society giving a subconcious ultimatum
Be like all the other dandylions in the Field
Or we'll dismiss you and we won't yield.
Like the Dandylions we are cut to size
Respect is lost and our voice's quietened
But like the Dandylion shouts its worth
We have a voice and we have worth.
Creative ways need to be found
Enabling us to be on level ground
We need to be heard and people need to listen
So our talents can shine and glisten.
So one day we find, that for our kind
The BARRIERS are BROKEN.
By Karen Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment