I am saddened by the untimely death of Michael Jackson, but I am very disturbed by the extreme outpouring of grief, that gives the death of a mortal man the feeling of godlike status.
His life ended sadly as it began, without a childhood and being pushed and pressed from every direction as far as I can tell. I think he enjoyed the limelight in the early years, but the interviews in recent year's show a person who had sadness and regrets
I always wonder how happy he was and if all he had and then lost, really made him happy, only God knows.
I accept that people who liked his music and were fans are entitled to be sad and even to cry, because it is a sad thing that has happened, but he was only a man and as a person with a living faith, I see this kind of worship, at the feet of celebrity as a symptom of the separation from God and spiritual thinking and the Love of Jesus.
I often prayed that people like Michael would come across people who loved Jesus and that he could have found peace with the life he had through a relationship with Jesus. It is clear that as a person he had issues and his life was difficult. Even I can see that!
In my heart I long for the prosperity of the gospel and the understanding of the general population that Christianity is not a control method, but is the source of love, real love and real freedom. Because it is only through Jesus that we have the oppotunity to be the people we are all created to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment