Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Summertime and Politics Money Madness

The hot summer we were promised, is here. I have a nasty sore throat and feel unwell, but that is another story

I have watched the ongoing news coverage regarding Politican's expenses and the understandable uproar it has created. There are some who may have made genuine mistakes, but there are people who knew what they were doing and because they saw it as being within the rules, it was O.K
But what they failed to recognise was the moral corruption involved in what they were doing.
That money could have been used elsewhere to help people in poverty, and the NHS, Schools, as well as some kids with special needs.
As a person who is disabled by society's attitude to people on the Autism Spectrum, which means I am out of a job and on benefit. This money could have continued to fund me in the job I was doing in 2004, but lost because I had my diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome, and the funding for the job was withdrawn, in favour of a new structure.
I would like a job, but I could only do so if it was geared to my needs. The world in which I have to live, is inflexible and none accomedating of the needs people like me.

These are some of the reasons why the whole set up in politics is not being tolerated by the voting public. As they feel that they / we would be in trouble if we did some of the things they have been doing. It is our money paid through taxs to get a decent quality of life for all citizens in the UK. What they have been doing has effectively been stealing money that could have gone elsewhere. IT IS NOT THIER RIGHT TO HAVE IT !!

No comments:

Post a Comment