Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Success as Major Tim Peake gets to ISS

15th December 2015 was a landmark day, our first qualified Astronaut in space. I find it weird to think of the six men up there in the ISS and the busy time that Tim Peak is going to have. 6 months in weightlessness,doing experiments, finding out about how the lack of gravity affects the human body.
As I see things and consider the cooperation between Europe, Russia and America in regard to space flight.
I wonder Why? things are going to war over Ukraine? Why are people any people trying to blow the world up, when people like Tim Peake are up there doing things that may make our lives better.

The NASA/ESA/and Russian is somewhat amazing and I find it quite moving that this continues on with unfettered goodwill and understanding between three very different cultures, they have chosen to work together and signed agreements to do so, which just goes to prove that if the choice to live peacefully is made then it is done.

We live in a world of choices and the current environment of terror is the choice of people who hate peace and have gone down a path which is an absolute choice, justified in their minds and hearts.

The foolishness of returning to a past which was undoubtedly not a nice place to be then and will make things worse for the whole of Humanity, let alone make it better!?

I am pleased and proud of people who are prepared to take the risk to go into space to do stuff, even if the money seems extreme and we cannot see the point, as things seem to be so difficult financially in Europe,America and Russia.

In the year's ahead it is my prayer that all these things will be worked out as those that know what to do take on their responsibilities  

Tim Peake is due back on 6th June 2016, he has alot to do before then. I'll be thinking of him and the other astronauts alot over the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment