Monday, 22 September 2014

Enjoying a day of nature in the Back Garden, which marks a change

Today was a very special day in terms of a blessing enjoying nature. For the first time in quite a few years the Michaelmas daisies were busy with an audible buzzing with bees from big queen bumbles to the smallest bumble the size of the nail of my little finger, plus Hover flies and solitary bees and other species of bee in abundance.
Then one  red admiral and one peacock butterfly joined the throng, to feast on the daisies.
Later we saw a small brown dragonfly, then a bigger blue green dragonfly joined it, while we sat on the lawn having a drink. As we finished our short chill on the lawn and walked in, I heard a frog croak, as did my mum at the same time, at which point we had a quick search to check it was not caught somewhere it could not escape from. A few minutes search revealed that this was not the case and things were replaced to return its environment.
During the time out watching bees we estimate there must have been at least a hundred bees when taking the veg garden, the flower borders, sedums, dahlias, and daisy border into account. We also looked at another frog that lives by the veg Garden, which we covered up after looking.
I also helped pick raspberries again with Mum(something safe to do now I have oil to spray on bare skin which stops critters biting me).
The whole day has been an enjoyable one, because of the wildlife, and it was all outside our back door.
Bees have also been quite sparsely spread over recent years, so it was with great gratitude that we endeavoured to take it all in and why I have included an entry to mark it.

I really enjoy our garden, and the things we grow, like leeks which did really well this year, and courgettes, the outdoor tomatoes have exceeded themselves with pounds of production over the season. Potatoes were not good to cook as new potatoes, so chips were the order of the day and roast potatoes, chips 3 times and roasts about the same.

This also marks the day in which I decide not just to live the length of my life, but also to fill out its breadth, I want to be someone who lived her life with extreme passion and closness to all that is heaven sent. I have always wanted to live my life well and do what God wanted of me, but sometimes failed because, I allowed the challenges of my life to overcome and define my life, but no more. I want to learn how to live, believing that the extreme breadth of life is there to be filled, as I walk the ancient paths with Jesus, my friend and saviour.Whatever it looks like I am not sure but I want to live my life with intention, when it comes to the Kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment