Flowers, flowers, Flowers
I love flowers daliha's, fuchias, indeed anything that is colourful.
Last year, I started growing veg in containers, only in a small way. But this year is a bit more serious, I am staggering the planting times for carrots and peas, so that there will be veg for a longer season.
I don't think that the gardening bug will wholly overtake me,because I enjoy crafting too much and the creativity that goes with thinking up the next design for a greeting card.
Poetry and me
I recorded Griff Rhys Jones and the importance of poetry tonight. I have yet to see the programme, but thought I would like to comment on the importance of poetry in my own life.
I regard myself as a poet, it is a strong part of my identity and writing Poetry has got me through some major happenings in my life. It is a therapy, but it is something more.
There is that indefinable momment when the idea which is downloaded or so it feels, to my brain, then becomes words on a page, which finally becomes a picture with a story, all via the written word, and I am always amazed. It happens so easily and is so enjoyable. I must also say that I thoughly enjoy reading my own work for pleasure. The idea of public proformance scares me because as someone with A.S (Aspergers Syndrome) I do find it difficult to perform well in front of other people sometimes. I've done it when required in the past, in other situations and for other reasons but it is not my idea of fun, and I want to enjoy poetry, not punish myself with it.
Poetry is a means of release from the mundane, but also a chance to give a message in a disguised format, enabling other people to enter your world and then to see thier world in a new way.
I would like to be a recognised poet, but I suspect that this is not possible without profromance.
I will however still enjoy my poems and the thinking they provoke in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment