HAPPINESS, a very interesting word which says so much, in so many ways. Connected to dreams for our future, what we each achieve as individuals, and whether that achievement is acceptable to those around us.
Happiness, especially in Western nations like ours seems to be related to how much you have. However, things don't bring happiness. I have known this for a long time, but did not line up with what I knew preferring to enjoy the fun of buying things, like clothes and materials and tools for my craft hobby.
Happiness for me is found in making things, either for my mum and I too enjoy, making cards for other people to sell and earn money for their needs. I also find joy in making cards for family celebrations, and knowing that those people whom I love and care about get that knowledge from receiving them.
Happiness is not related to just one thing, it is the culmination of many things, like having love and kindness in your life whether, from a parent or a spouse, it is also a choice to make, that a smile will not stop the storm, but it may help you to get through it better.
Happiness can be related to whether you achieve those dreams that were in your heart from childhood. For me they were simple to be a writer, to find a job that would facilitate, that dream was in my heart for many years from primary school right through to a few months before I left school at 16. I had a careers interview with the careers teacher, and it did not go well, she asked me what I wanted to do when I left school, and innocently said I wanted to be a writer. The response was amazing and she unkindly listed all the things I could not do, and that I would never be a writer, and who did I think I was for suggesting it. It was traumatic for this vulnerable sensitive soul, and I buried it only for it to be uncovered and resolved through a dream and God's hand on my heart.
I will be 50 years old in about 7 weeks time, and I don't know if I will ever write any kind of book, but I will have a go, if I can find someone to help me. I often wonder now what the outcome would have been had the response been different, all those years ago.
All the difficulties of failed jobs and breakdown's may not have been avoided but I would have had the chance to find out and maybe I would be in different position now. I love writing, as much as crafting and like it as a way of expressing myself. It has been a journey of finding happiness since May 10th 2005 when I got the diagnosis of Autism, which although it change my life for the better, in that people could not hold my difficulties against me anymore, I was as I saw it then on the scrapheap at 38. I don't feel that way now because there is always hope where Jesus is, and my relationship with him make me happy.
Happiness, especially in Western nations like ours seems to be related to how much you have. However, things don't bring happiness. I have known this for a long time, but did not line up with what I knew preferring to enjoy the fun of buying things, like clothes and materials and tools for my craft hobby.
Happiness for me is found in making things, either for my mum and I too enjoy, making cards for other people to sell and earn money for their needs. I also find joy in making cards for family celebrations, and knowing that those people whom I love and care about get that knowledge from receiving them.
Happiness is not related to just one thing, it is the culmination of many things, like having love and kindness in your life whether, from a parent or a spouse, it is also a choice to make, that a smile will not stop the storm, but it may help you to get through it better.
Happiness can be related to whether you achieve those dreams that were in your heart from childhood. For me they were simple to be a writer, to find a job that would facilitate, that dream was in my heart for many years from primary school right through to a few months before I left school at 16. I had a careers interview with the careers teacher, and it did not go well, she asked me what I wanted to do when I left school, and innocently said I wanted to be a writer. The response was amazing and she unkindly listed all the things I could not do, and that I would never be a writer, and who did I think I was for suggesting it. It was traumatic for this vulnerable sensitive soul, and I buried it only for it to be uncovered and resolved through a dream and God's hand on my heart.
I will be 50 years old in about 7 weeks time, and I don't know if I will ever write any kind of book, but I will have a go, if I can find someone to help me. I often wonder now what the outcome would have been had the response been different, all those years ago.
All the difficulties of failed jobs and breakdown's may not have been avoided but I would have had the chance to find out and maybe I would be in different position now. I love writing, as much as crafting and like it as a way of expressing myself. It has been a journey of finding happiness since May 10th 2005 when I got the diagnosis of Autism, which although it change my life for the better, in that people could not hold my difficulties against me anymore, I was as I saw it then on the scrapheap at 38. I don't feel that way now because there is always hope where Jesus is, and my relationship with him make me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment